Boodles is a family company founded in 1798. Throughout our long history, values of honesty, integrity and transparency have been at our core. We choose to work closely with only a few select suppliers. We expect all of our Suppliers to adhere to these values in all of their business practices, which are articulated through the requirements listed below. We also expect that our Suppliers will communicate these requirements to all of their Suppliers.
I. Business Practices
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to their activities in the countries in which they operate.
- Engage in responsible business and not engage in or condone corrupt practices, which would include fraud, bribery, tax evasion and money laundering.
II. Human & Labour Rights
- Ensure the following:
- No use of child labour under the age of 15 and no hazardous work for children under 18.
- No forced, compulsory, trafficked or bonded labour (including the retention of identity or travel documents).
- No discrimination based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment of workers.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Employees are compensated with living wage.
- Working hours comply with national laws and collective agreements.
- Overtime is voluntary and is compensated at a premium.
- The rights of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining are recognized and respected.
III. Environmental Protection
- Comply with all environmental laws and regulations relating to their activities in the countries in which they operate.
- Identify any environmental risks resulting from their activities and take steps to implement environmental protections, management systems and remediation procedures where needed (e.g. addressing water, waste and energy).
- Adhere to the Kimberly Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) and the World Diamond Council system for warranties.
- Purchase from legitimate sources, apply the Boodles’ Exclusion List, and ensure purchases are not funding conflict and are in compliance with UN Resolutions.
- Confirm that all diamonds supplied have been sufficiently tested to be natural, not synthetic and untreated or free from enhancements unless otherwise stated.
Gold & Gemstone Suppliers
- Make best endeavours to ensure:
- The material is purchased from legitimate sources.
- The material is extracted from conflict-free regions.
- The trade of the material is not funding conflict.
- Gold suppliers should apply the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas Supplement on Gold.